In 2009, testing laboratory of environmental monitoring was established on the basis of a Astana branch of the Republican Research Center for Atmospheric Air Protection. Testing laboratory accredited in the accreditation system of the Republic of Kazakhstan for compliance with the requirements of ST RK ISO / IEC 17025-2007 laboratories (accreditation certificate No. KZ.I.01.0369 dated February 26, 2009). Currently, in accordance with the scope of accreditation in the framework of environmental monitoring, the Center carries out the following types of work:
- Sampling and chemical analysis of samples of industrial gas emissions to the atmosphere;
- Determination of concentrations of pollutants in the environment (drinking water, natural water, wastewater, air, soil and ground);
- Measurement of physical factors (noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields, electrostatic field strengths, illumination) and radiometric studies of territories, including:
- radiation monitoring of workplaces, premises;
- determination of the content of radionuclides in environmental objects;
- Measurement of the concentration of radon and other radioactive gases, gamma imagery, etc.
The history of the laboratory development:
- In 2009, laboratory for the first time was accredited in the accreditation system of the Republic of Kazakhstan for compliance with the requirements of ST RK ISO / IEC 17025-2007 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”;
- In 2012, the accreditation area was expanded to Astana;
- In 2014, re-accreditation in Astana and in Atyrau structural unit in;
- In 2014, field of accreditation was expanded in Astana and in Atyrau structural unit;
- In 2014, the laboratory was re-accredited for compliance with international requirements of ilac;
- In 2015, field of accreditation of the testing laboratory for environmental monitoring was expanded and the laboratory was fully relocated to Atyrau;
- In 2015, mobile laboratory for environmental monitoring was accredited for the first time;
- In 2016, field of accreditation of the environmental monitoring testing laboratory was expanded;
- In 2018, a mobile and stationary laboratories were merged and accredited to the Mobile Testing Center for Environmental Monitoring
The Laboratory of the Company possesses all the necessary regulatory, methodological, material and technical and instrumentation facilities for carrying out industrial environmental monitoring for large enterprises – users of natural resources according to their programs of industrial environmental control.
The main types of instrumental and analytical work:
- sampling and chemical analysis of samples of industrial emissions into the atmosphere;
- determination of background concentrations of pollutants in the environment (drinking, natural, sewage, air, soil and soil);
- measurement of physical environmental factors (noise, vibration, electromagnetic fields, illumination, radiation background)
Technical equipment of the laboratory:
The laboratory carries out scientific, industrial and analytical researches using modern technical means of measurement.
All methods used in the laboratory to determine the appropriate ingredients are included in the State Register of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Laboratory devices have been certified and approved by the Committee for Technical Regulation and Metrology of the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which allows carry out analysis using approved methods. The laboratory has all necessary conditions for the future successful implementation of modern research.